The avocado, in recent years, has become a crowd favorite. With its unlimited options, it’s able to be worked into a variety of dishes. It’s a fruit that can be mixed and matched with almost any food for any season. It can spice up even the most boring kinds of food, which is where this recipe comes in. Take that boring grilled cheese, and add a little avocado for a new taste that will surely become a household favorite. Here’s a recipe we can stand by!
- 2 slices of your favorite fresh Egypt Star bread. We recommend our Italian bread.
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese
- 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- Mash up the avocado and the lime juice you squeezed from the fresh lime. Add in some salt and pepper as needed for extra flavor
- Bonus tip: You can buy just lime juice by itself if you don’t want to squeeze out a lime
- While the pan is heating up to medium heat, spread some butter on one side of each slice. Add the seasoned avocado onto the plain side of the bread along with the cheese. Put the second slice of bread butter side up on the cheese.
- If you’re pretty fast then you can make everything in the pan while it’s heating up. Less buttery mess on the plate.
- Carefully put the sandwich in the pan and cover it for about 3 to 4 minutes. When the bread is golden brown, flip it and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Be careful because the second side will burn if you’re not paying attention.
- Serve with tomato soup, chips, veggies, or any other favor grilled cheese side.
Add some by keeping the avocado sliced and adding some of your favorite veggies like tomatoes.