We’re getting to the last few weeks of summer, folks. Kids are revving up to head back to school, if they haven’t already started. There are only a few more days to get-in some good summer parties. Make Labor Day not only a day to celebrate those who have built up the economy of this country, but to enjoy the unofficial end of summer with friends and family. Here are a few appetizers to wow your friends and family! Combined with our delicious selections of bread, you’ll be the hit of the party!
- 8 slices of Egypt Star Baguette, toasted
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 oz shaved parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut peppers in half and place them skin side up on a medium-high grill
- Cook for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften
- Turn over, cook for 4 minutes or until charred.
- Remove. When cool cut the peppers into thin strips.
- In a bowl mix the tomatoes, peppers, oil, and vinegar together. Top it off with salt and pepper as desired.
- Scoop the mixture onto each piece of sliced baguette. Top it off with the parmesan and serve.
- 24 Egypt Star Dinner Rolls
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 four oz jar of drained and chopped pimiento peppers
- ½ lb of deli ham, sliced
- 4 tbsp of softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 9×13” baking dish or whatever size fits your dinner rolls
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl add mayonnaise, pimiento, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Stir it up evenly and add salt and pepper for optional seasoning.
- Put the bottom halves of the dinner rolls in the baking dish.
- Spread out some of the pimiento mixture on the rolls. Lay the ham slices out evenly. Spread out the last layer of pimento mixture. Add the tops of the dinner rolls.
- Brush rolls with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt to taste
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. The cheese will begin to melt and potatoes will turn golden.
- Remove the foil for the last few minutes for more toasted buns.
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Dip Bread Bowl
- 1 loaf of any fresh Egypt Star bread
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- ⅓ c mayonnaise
- ⅓ c sour cream
- ⅓ c hot wing sauce
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese. Divide into 1 ½ c and ½ c
- 2 c cooked shredded chicken
- Favorite type of dippers: veggies, chips, crackers, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grab a large mixing bowl. Mix together evenly cooked chicken, wing sauce, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, mayo, and the 1 ½ c of cheddar cheese.
- Cut out the top center of the loaf. Don’t cut through the bottom of the loaf so nothing spills out at the bottom. Save the extra pieces for dipping!
- Carefully scoop the mixture into the loaf.
- Sprinkle the las ½ c of cheddar cheese on top
- Pop it in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes. The bread should be toasted with the dip bubbling.
- Serve with your favorite dippers!