The holidays are about spending time with loved ones, and enjoying the festivities that come with the season.From parties to cookie exchanges, the holidays are filled with delicious treats and baked goods. At Egypt Star, we have a few favorite cookies that you may or may not be familiar with.
Wow your friends and family with these fun holiday treats!
- Red Velvet Crinkles:How much do you adore red velvet cake? This delicious cookie gives you that bite of fudgy red velvet cake, without needing to bake an entire cake. With its bright red base sprinkled with powdered sugar, it’s the perfect addition to any holiday spread.
- Stained Glass:Shortbread cookies would be something fun to make for the holidays. All you need is your favorite shortbread cookie recipe, and some crushed up Jolly Rancher candies to get that stained glass effect. Any hard candy can go in the middle, but it won’t have that stained glass look.
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip:Everyone loves the traditional chocolate chip cookie, but sometimes you need to take it to the next level. Switch out the milk chocolate chips with white chocolate and add in some dried cranberries for an extra sweet flavor.
- Eggnog:Just as pumpkin spice takes over the fall season, eggnog takes over the holiday season; baked goods are no exception. As a cookie, it has a soft, chewy texture that is similar to a snickerdoodle. For an extra zing, make the cookies with traditional eggnog, but eat responsibly.
- Salty & Sweet:Do you enjoy having sweet and salty mixed in one bite? This cookie is that answer. Not only do you have the delicious taste with milk chocolates and sprinkles, but you can also add crushed up pretzels and chips. It may sound odd, but it might just be the perfect mixture to curb that craving.
- A Yule Log:In France, it’s a tradition to burn a yule log to bring good luck to the family for the new year. No one is sure why the cake came into existence, but it’s still a delicious treat and a fun tradition.
- A Peppermint Bark Cheesecake:If you enjoy a delicious cheesecake, then take a different approach by adding some peppermint candies or candy canes. Also, you can add some peppermint extract to the mixture.
- A Rum Cake:This vanilla cake is made with rum in the mixture and glaze topping. Initially, when you add dried fruit, it would be soaked in rum for a few months. That takes a lot of planning, so people generally leave the fruit out.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake:Since we started with the Red Velvet cookies, we’re going to end with this delicious cake. Traditional red velvet cake has vanilla icing separating the layers. We’re taking it a step further by adding a cheesecake icing. It’s the perfect mixture of these classic flavors.