Whenever someone mentions a picnic or a potluck event you can almost guarantee there’s going to be at least one pulled pork dish. It’s a hearty dish with just the right amount of spice and sweetness that fills you up, but doesn’t leave you feeling heavy. It’s also a great meal for busy nights. Set it in the morning and enjoy it for the evening. Pair it with chips, coleslaw, or raw veggies for a great end of summer/start of fall meal. Here’s a recipe we know you’ll really enjoy!
- Your favorite fresh rolls from Egypt Star
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast. About 2 ½ go 3 lbs.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ c of water
- 1 c barbecue sauce
- Get a small bowl and mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, and salt
- In a 5 to 6 qt slow cooker spray some cooking oil
- Rub the paprika mixture all over the pork roast and plop it in the slow cooker.
- Pour the water around the pork and put the lid on
- Cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours or on high for about 3 to 4 hours. The meat needs to be extremely tender at the end.
- Carefully put the pork on a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes. Once it’s cool enough to handle grab a pair of forks or meat claws and shred the pork.
- Carefully get rid of the liquid and wipe out the slow cooker. Spray some more cooking spray in the slow cooker and put the pulled pork back into it.
- Mix in the barbeque sauce until everything is covered.
- Cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the pork it hot.
- Serve up this delicious meal!
Comment down below and tell us what you think! Did you enjoy it? Did you tweak it to personalize it for your family? Let us know!