French toast has been a family favorite, for all ages, for years. It’s a traditional staple in any household for a good Sunday breakfast, or even dinner some nights. Regardless, it’s a hearty meal that can fill you up, and can be mixed with your favorite tasty syrups or jams. Check out a great recipe below that can be used with our fresh baked Challah or Brioche bread.
- 8 slices of Egypt Star’s freshly baked Brioche, Challah, or White Bread
- 4 eggs (or you can use an egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Get out a small bowl. Combine the sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon into one bowl mixing everything evenly.
- Get out a 10 to 12-inch skillet. Put in a small amount of butter and melt it over medium heat. Grab the cinnamon mixture and add in the vanilla, milk, and eggs (or egg substitute).
- Pour that mixture into a pie container or another shallow dish. You need to have enough room to fit the bread slices so they can get thoroughly covered. Dip all the slices of bread into the mixture.
- Fry each slice until it’s a golden brown. Give it a flip and fry it on the other side until it’s a golden brown color.
- Serve with your favorite syrup, jam, butter, or fruits.
- Keep it away from cats though. They can’t have eggs or milk.