The Perfect Reuben Sandwich
A Reuben is a sandwich that rarely changes. Other sandwiches have so many combinations that they lose their “classic” feel. With fresh baked rye bread from Egypt Star Bakery, a Reuben will be hearty entree for the whole family to enjoy! Try this recipe to create the perfect sandwich for a tasty lunch or dinner.
- 2 slices of Egypt Star Rye
- 2 teaspoons softened, unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 4 slices of thin corned beef
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons of drained sauerkraut
- Caraway seeds to taste (optional)
- Butter one side of each rye bread slices and put one slice butter side down
- Add 2 tablespoons of Thousand Island Dressing
- Add the corned beef and sauerkraut (also, caraway seeds if you choose)
- Place two slices of Swiss cheese on the sauerkraut and beef
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of Thousand Island Dressing
- Place the remaining slice of rye bread on the sandwich, buttered side up
- Preheat a saute pan over medium heat.
- Carefully put the sandwich in and cook for 3 minutes on each side until cheese is melted.
- Remove the sandwich and enjoy with your favorite sides!
Have you tried this delectable sandwich? Tell us what you think in the comments!
Why Choose Us?
- 80+ Years in Business
- Family Owned & Operated
- Best of the Valley Winner
- Great Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Member
- Custom Cake Specialists